Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Look at me!

Oh god, my brain filled in that line with "I'm Sandra Dee".  Obviously I spent way too many hours working on that musical in high school.  It is fantastic though.

But not the point of this.  All I wanted to say was I accidentally bought regular ice cream last time I was at the store as opposed to the slow churned half the fat kind.  Because it was a flavor the boyfriend wouldn't touch I got stuck consuming it myself or throwing it out and my fear of wasting food trumps my fear of full fat things.  And man, that stuff was amazing!  I'd convinced myself I preferred the low fat ice cream but I most definitely do not.

So today at the store I picked up a carton of low fat ice cream as usual.  Then I very purposely put it down and bought not one but two cartons of regular ice cream.  And I'm going to have some tonight, even though I ate out for dinner.  Admittedly, I did still check the label to make sure it wasn't insanely higher in calories but still.  It's definitely a victory for me.  And I'm proud of myself.  I know I still have a lot of issues I need to deal with but I haven't bought regular ice cream in 5 years.  So this is good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment