Friday, February 11, 2011

Quick hello

Just wanted to say hi tonight and that I'll try and get a real post up this weekend.  It's been a pretty great, but busy, week!

I'm loving the new elliptical machine still, though I have to say I'm so relieved we ended up putting it upstairs in the game room with the TV that does not have cable/Tivo.  I realized tonight (as I was watching Teen Mom on Tivo) that if the machine was downstairs I would not be sitting on the couch eating ice cream.  I'd be feeling horribly guilty for not working out while I was watching it so I'd end up doing that.  Because it's upstairs and I can only watch Netflix I have to make more of a conscious decision as to if I want to exercise.  It's a good thing for me.

In other news we got our first Community Supported Agriculture box.  Oh god.  It's amazing!  We got delicious oranges, avocados, cauliflower, kale, chard, lettuce, cilantro, carrots, lemons, potatoes, and beets. I've already had an orange that was bright and sweet and juicy.  I also roasted our cauliflower with lemon and garlic and my veggie-hating boyfriend deemed it "alright".  Success!  And then tonight I made pesto but with cilantro instead of basil.  It was super tasty with a bit of a kick and I even used the olive oil the recipe called for.  Last time I made pesto I used tofu instead of oil so go me.  I've never had kale or chard really though so I have no clue what I'll do with those but that was the point of signing up for this.

I'm planning to save the potatoes for Valentine's Day since it's my year to cook.  Our anniversary is in just a couple weeks so we save the fancy restaurant for that and have a romantic V-Day in instead.  I've never cooked Russian Banana Potatoes so we'll see what I do with them.  But the boyfriend loves potatoes so no matter what I'm sure he'll be happy.  Similarly I think I'm going to make salmon and cheesecake, also favorites.  I've never cooked either so I'll let you know how that goes!  But cheesecake seemed to make sense since I can make it in advance since it's a work night.  I also picked up some red icing so I'll put a cute heart on it and call it good.  Hopefully it all works out.

And I think that's it.  The ED thoughts have been pretty quiet this week, which rocks.  I even ate a cupcake today with not too much guilt.  I mean, my lunch was a little lighter than normal so that might be it but whatever.

I will leave you with a couple kitty pics.

Please don't judge me on my books.  I enjoy escapism lit.  So does this kitten.

He also likes to play Wii.

This one likes heat.  (I'm just waiting for her to set her whiskers on fire one of these days.)

Also, tasty flowers.  Mmmm.

And sun.  Of course.

And now I feel like this.  Goodnight.

Okay, maybe more than a couple.  I couldn't decide!

0 comments:

Post a Comment